Urgent help needed. How to obtain proof of foreclosure? Senior mother’s HUD apartment threatening to evict if she can’t provide documentation. (CA)

Hi, my senior mother lost her home in foreclosure a few months ago and moved into a low income apartment building for seniors. They are threatening to evict her in three days if she does not provide documentation proving that the house was auctioned off and that she no longer owns it. Does anyone have any idea who I can contact for this information?

Unfortunately my mother did not tell me about the request sooner and may lose her apartment if we don't come up with the information right away. She tried to request this information from attorneys who were trying to see if she received any income from the auction of her property (she didn't). They've been looking into it for weeks and haven't been helpful.

My next idea would be try her former mortgage company but I've spoken with them before and they always had trouble looking up her account and took ages to respond/send documents.

Could I contact the local court system or something? Any advice would be appreciated. Or if you have any idea for another subreddit I could post this in. Thank you in advance.

More real estate tips at Program Realty Wix site


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s