Girlfriend and I bought a home a few years ago, and it wasn't in great shape. We fixed the essentials throughout, but it's still a little dodgy in some aspects. Looking at rough estimates of the current value of the house, I can see that it's now considerably higher than the purchase price. (I know it's not as high as the estimates say.) We've been on the fence about moving out of state in the near future, and when that idea seems less probable, we want to fix the house up. The only way I can see us affording the improvements we would like would be through refinancing.
My question is: should we refinance and improve the house, or wait until we move and take the money accrued through equity and use that for the moving expenses/new home down payment?
Edit: Forgot location – Florida
More real estate tips at Program Realty Wix site