In North Dallas now with a strong seller's market, and looking to buy a home in the north or east part of Tacoma, or Federal way.
We're waiting for my husband's job application to be approved before listing our current (first!) home, but are currently in the process of prepping and staging so as soon as we hear 'yes' it will be on like Donkey Kong in a Mario Kart race.
We've got a realtor we trust in Dallas (same one that helped us buy it) and I don't anticipate any issues on that end, but other than trolling the highly inaccurate listings on trulia, zillow and the like I'm clueless on the finer points of long distance house buying, especially if we have an offer in to buy while waiting to close on ours.
TL;DR – how in blue blazes should we approach selling one house and buying another 2200 miles away in potentially the span of 2 months. Eek!
More real estate tips at Program Realty Wix site