I'm interested in buying a plot of land in my town to build a home on, but there are some hurdles that I'm not sure about and could use some help:
• Gravel road only goes up to property, trees would need to be cleared and more road put down to reach plot (a few hundred feet at max)
• Utilities are not ran to site, but homes with utilities are within a hundred feet to site
• Site is listed as flood zone
My interests lies in the price point of the plot of land. It is well below the average for land listed in my area (South Chicago Suburbs) and my goal would be to build a "green" home there.
My questions are:
• Is it worth the work no matter how cheap the land?
• What would need to be considered when dealing with a flood zone
• How much money would be tied up in completing the road and running utilities to site?
Any help answering some of these questions would help me out, thanks!
More real estate tips at Program Realty Wix site