Just to preemptively respond to: Using a realtor is free, the sellers pay
Let's assume the a home is listed for $515k with a real market value of $500k based on comps.
|Option||Offer||Listing Agent||Selling Agent||Net Proceeds|
Option 1: Traditional transaction
Option 2: I don't use a realtor
Option 3: I can offer lower and the owner still comes out ahead of option 1
Now for things to look out for
- always use a real estate attorney
- will I have to deal with agents who want to keep both commissions for themselves?
- dealing with showings of the home requiring the listing agent to be there to let us in
- not knowing the neighborhoods as well as a realtor
- setting up inspections on my own
More real estate tips at Program Realty Wix site